Database Repair Utility tool is an application provided by Sage in order to repair damaged data files or bad file paths. Through this data repair utility, you can run a repair, install updates or create a new data path file in case you suspect any issue with them. Peachtree is the former name of the US version of the Sage 50 accounting application, which is currently one of the leading accounting applications for small and medium-scale businesses. Although you can easily download the Sage 50 Database repair utility tool from the official Sage database, you need to know how to install it and run it properly on your system.
Here we are going to provide all the important information related to Sage50/ Peachtree Database Repair Utility, including downloading installation and various features available in it. Read the article further to know more about Database repair utilities and how to fix damaged or corrupted data files.
Table of Contents
Common issues for which you need to Download Peachtree Database Repair Utility Tool
Major causes for which you need to use Peachtree Database Repair Utility are listed below:
- There might be an issue with the database management system of Sage 50 (Pervasive Database Engine)
- Any damaged, outdated, or missing data files in the data path.
- Connectivity issues across the data path for which you need to create a new data path with the help of a database repair utility.
How to download Peachtree Database Repair Utility
You can either download the Database repair utility from the official website of Sage, or you can get it through the Sage50 application you have on your system. Steps to download the Peachtree Database repair utility are listed below:
- Open Sage 50 in your system. There, navigate to the resource section and select the help option.
- Now go to the technical support utility tools.
- From there, select the Sage 50 Database Repair Utility tool which will download the application and start it.
How to use Peachtree Database Repair Utility Tool
Database Repair Utility is used when facing any issue with the data files or the database engine. In case of any issue with the data path or the database engine, you need to create a local path. When there is any corrupt or missing data file, you need to run a repair using the database repair utility. Once you have downloaded the Repair Utility Tool, click on it to start the installation. Agree to the terms and conditions, including End User License Agreement. After the installation, you will be provided with the following options:
- Install or Remove Pervasive Database Engine
- Create a new Local Data Path.
Install and Remove Pervasive Database Engine with Database Utility Repair
Through this, you can either remove the Database or install it. Make sure that you have logged out of Sage 50 and closed it.
Create a New Data Path File Using Sage 50 Database Repair Utility Tool
Sage 50 Database Repair Utility Tool can be used to create a new Data Path for which the steps are listed below:
- Stop all the Sage Related Services Currently running in your system
- Before you are going to install the Sage 50 Database Repair Utility tool, you need to stop all the running Sage services on your system. For that, follow the given steps:
- Open the run dialog box by pressing “windows+R,” now type “services.msc” and press the enter key in order to navigate the Sage application services running in the system.
- There you need to locate the following services, right-click on them and select “Stop.”
- Sage 50 SmartPosting ####
- Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine
- Peachtree SmartPosting ####
- Actian PSQL Workgroup Engine
- Now, you need to browse the data file from the path given below:
- There, locate the file with the extension (.ini). This is the folder for Peachtree Data files. Click on it.
- In order to locate the data files in the folder, you need to look out for the file starting “DATAPATH=.” You need to rename this with “OLDDATA.”
- Now, open the Database repair utility and select the option. “Create New Local Datapath” and enter the following path in the “New Datapath” options.
- A new data path has been created successfully. You have to verify that the path has been created successfully.
- Now navigate to the “OLDDATA” from where you can copy and paste any of the company directories.
The above-mentioned process is for creating new data in the old location. For creating a data path in a new location, you need to follow the same process. However, instead of renaming the OLDDATA folder, follow the given steps:
- Open the Registry editor by typing “REGEDIT” in the Run Dialog box to browse the Peachtree Data folder.
- There you need to expand the following folder:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Peachtree\Version\<version number>\Online Update\
- After that, you need to update the following entries with the new data path location.
- ◦ Path
- ◦ UpdatePath
- Now restart the system and try to run Sage 50 again.
Wrapping it up
From the information discussed, we hope that now you can easily download the database repair utility tool and utilize all the features based on the issue you are having with your data files and Database. In case you need any assistance while using Sage 50 or the database repair utility, you can reach out to us through the number given below. Our customer support team is available 24/7 to assist with any issue you are having with Sage 50. Also, you can use the live chat option with your query, to which we will reply ASAP