There are certain instances when the users end up with Sage 50 unable to open company data file error while accessing an unsupported version of the application. Corrupted files and unstable internet connection are also some of the reasons that might give rise to this error. However, it is necessary to fix the issue asap so you can access your data file and proceed with your ongoing task.
This detailed post consists of all the essential data that is required to overcome the Sage 50 company file error.
Table of Contents
Reasons That Might Results In Sage 50 Cannot Open Company File Error
We understand the fact that it gets quite annoying for the users when they get stuck with Sage 50 company file errors. Therefore, it is necessary to understand all the root causes that might lead to this error.
- You may be accessing the unsupported version of the Windows operating system.
- Sometimes, it may occur when the server connection is lost.
- There might be certain instances when the location of the company file is changed, and Sage cannot access the file.
- Antivirus software is obstructing access to the company file.
- One of the reasons may be a corrupted company file.
Things You Must Know Before Fixing Sage 50 Company File Error
- Ensure that you have created the backup of the Sage company file.
- Make sure that you remain connected with a good internet connection.
- Check that Sage 50 meets the minimum system requirements to run on your device seamlessly.
- You must have installed the upgraded version of the Sage 50 application.
Verified Solution to Sage 50 Cannot Open Company File Error
Here, we have discussed all the possible resolution methods that will guide you to rectify the Sage 50 Unable open company data file error.
1st Step : Operate the Sage 50 program In Administrator Mode
Most often, the users might end up with the Sage 50 company file error when they don’t have appropriate admin rights to access the file. Therefore, to fix the issue, you must perform the steps given below attentively.
- Before moving further, exit from the Sage 50 application if it’s already open.
- Afterwards, right-click on the Sage 50 icon and opt for the Properties option.
- Following this, choose the highlighted Run as Administrator option and open the company file.
- Furthermore, you must transfer the content to a new location on the hard drive and then hit the Add Permissions button.
- Make sure that you have copied both the .SAJ folder and .SAI files to the local C: drive.
- After this, from the user permission settings, tap on Everyone.
- Ensure that there is no hidden content within the .SAJ file folder.
- Finally, launch the data file again to verify if you are still receiving the same error.
2nd Step: Verify That The File is on Remote Data Access or Sage Drive
To access your records remotely, you must follow the instructions below.
- In the initial stage, look for the Welcome screen.
- After this, opt for the Connect to a shared company option.
- Then, mark the checkbox next to the appropriate company option.
- Finally, select the highlighted Connect button.
3rd Step: Switch Off Antivirus and Real-Time Scanners
- Firstly, turn-off the antivirus software on your system.
- If you find that there are multiple security software installed on your device, remove the necessary ones.
- For instance, if your system is installed with Microsoft Security Essentials, then you must move further with the following steps:
- You must turn-off the protection using the Auto function.
- Mcafee requires real-time scanning along the firewall.
- Remove or turn-off real-time protection.
- Then, enable real-time scanning and firewall. Once you are done with it, switch it off.
- Mcafee will interrupt the 2017 or 2018 if you disable any one of the conversions.
- If you are accessing the auto backup software to secure your company data, switch it off once your task is accomplished.
- Now, look for the Event Viewer logs for Windows, right-click on the Sage 50 icon, and opt for the Run as an Administrator option.
- Try to do the conversion process again and then re-enable the security software again.
4th Step : Affirm that You Have a Private Network Connection
- Firstly, search for the network icon from the top-left corner.
- After this, from the left side of the browser, select Tools and then the Properties option.
- Next, you must pick both the network and sharing options.
- Finally, if you see that the Private Networks says “Public,” change it to “Private”.
5th Step : Examine that the MySqld.exe file is not locked in Task Manager
- In the beginning, verify that you are in the network coverage area and all the users have signed out.
- Afterwards, head towards the Task Manager and look that you have picked the show processes from all the users.
- Move towards the Processes option to exit from all the Mysqld.exe processes below.
- Then, you must try to launch company files on all the workstations once they have closed.
- Now, verify if you have locked Mysqld.exe and proceed further with the steps below to apply in the Task Manager window.
- Ensure that Sage 50 software is closed and you have launched the Task Manager.
- Assure that the show process from all the user id is marked. If it’s marked, then terminate all the processes.
We hope that the Sage 50 Unable to open company file error can easily be resolved by following the methods given above. However, if you are still facing any difficulty, directly reach out to our professionals through a live chat facility and resolve your issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily overcome Sage 50 Unable to open company file error by following the solutions given below.
- Switch off the antivirus and real-time scanners.
- Check that the .SAJ folder consists of duplicate files, etc.
- Look for the errorlog.txt file.
- You must search for the file attributes (no read-only or hidden).
Yes, using the Sync Manager to rectify Sage 50’s inability to open company file error is feasible.
- From your taskbar, hit on the Sage 50 Connection Manager icon present at the bottom left side on your desktop.
- After this, tap on Start Service if you notice that the service stopped working.
- Following this, you must wait until you find the Status Running displays. Once you find the Status running, hit the Yes option.
- Next, tap on OK and then launch your company file once again.
To fix the Sage company missing file issue, you must perform the steps given below;
- You must get the latest version of Sage 50 files via Remote Data Access.
- Then, associate with a shared company in Sage 50 2022.2 and later.
- After this, access Connect to a shared company file from a new location like Companynamecurrent. sai.