Sage 50 software performs locally due to a poor network, and it does not work perfectly & eventually stops responding. Typically, it happens when you take a backup while running the software in the background. So, when your Windows gets an incorrect answer from an application, it displays the “Not Responding” warning. In this article, You will learn how to seamlessly fix the Sage 50 Restore Backup and Create Backup Not Working issue.
Table of Contents
Overview About Sage 50 Backup Error
Whenever you try to create a backup, an error occurs & the backup procedure stops. Once you get through this error, you will get a message on the screen of your computer, such as; Sage Backup Error or Backup Failed. Also, a user might not be able to restore a backup created in Winzip if they see the error that the backup failed. The mistake might be in the drive c documents instead of a folder for backup. You can create a folder called “Backup of Sage 50” or Sage 50 Backup and save your files inside it once you have created your backup.
Primary Reasons For Sage 50 Unable to Create Backup & Restore Backup
Some of the main reasons that can prevent users from creating or restoring a backup are stated in the below-given pointers:
- Sometimes, the software itself obstructs the backup and restore process, thereby producing a backup error.
- If the server data and connection manager stop working, the error will show up on the screen.
- It can be your antivirus application interfering with the update process and causing the error.
- The backup is created in the SAJ folder; however, if this folder is too large, you may encounter an error while backing up the data.
- When backing up your file in the SAJ folder, each subsequent backup overcharges the previous backup, resulting in an unexpected swelling up of the backup size.
Methods to Resolve Sage 50 Unable to Create & Restore Backup
Now that you are stuck with the error, you will have to troubleshoot it in order to run your program smoothly. Below are some effective solutions that can help to fix Sage 50 Restore Backup and Create Backup Not Working:
Method 1. Backing Up the File Into a USB Flash Drive
- First things first, open your Sage 50 on your machine to move ahead.
- Next, choose the start backup option from the backup window of Sage 50, choose the start backup option.
- Here, you need to change the location of the backup folder from a USB flash drive to a different folder on your system.
- Once you have chosen the option to change the drive, click Next.
- Now, check to see if the issue has been resolved or not.
Method 2. You are Backing up in the Working Folder.SAJ & The File Size is Large
- Firstly, close the Sage 50 application running in the background.
- Moving ahead, press Windows and E keys together, and it will open Windows Explorer.
- Now navigate to your data file’s location, open it, and find the SAJ folder.
- Once found, double-click this folder to open it.
- If it has any backups, move the backup folder outside the .SAJ folder and shift it to a new location.
- Again, check the backups from within the Simple & My SQL folders.
- In the end, attempt to back up your company file and check if the error is resolved.
Method 3. You do not Have the Required Access to Back Up Your Data
- On your system’s Desktop, locate the Sage 50 Accounting icon.
- Moving ahead, right-click on the icon and select the Admin option from within the drop-down list.
- Afterward, choose Restore From Backup option while creating a backup now,
- Carefully follow the on-screen instructions to finish your procedure.
- Once you finish the procedure, check if you have a limited version of Sage 50 installed on your operating system.
- You can uninstall your Sage 50 & reinstall it with admin rights while ensuring that any antivirus software running in the background is turned off.
Method 4. The Restore Backup Process is Failed Created By Winzip Software
- If the backup error still persists, remove the Winzip program (software that converts your backup into a cab file).
- Thereafter, try a different backup procedure.
- Once done, reinstall the program and check if the error is resolved.
Method 5. The Backup Record is Saved into the Folder of Program files, which is Restricted (Windows 8)
- Launch the Sage 50 application in the first place in order to proceed with the backup process.
- And once you have done that, put your C:\ drive or other Desktop location to use as a new backup location.
- Lastly, check the OK button to see if your issue has been fixed.
By implementing the above-explained solutions, you can back up your company file and keep the security of your financial data intact. In case of a data hazard, this backup can be restored so that your accounting operations remain smooth.
The article has covered all the information & solution about how users can fix the Sage 50 Restore Backup not working issue. We hope you find this informative blog helpful. And, if you have any other issues regarding the Sage 50, feel free to contact the customer care service anytime, as they will provide you with the best solutions to resolve the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before starting the backup process, you need to review your data thoroughly. There are a few cases in which you have to take a backup of your data, such as;-
- If you have any changes to make to your data.
- Take a backup before you reinstall the software.
- If the user is migrating from one computer to another.
- Or if we have to batch-perform data modifications.
- It is important to back up your data before and after an upgrade.
You need to start restoring your backup when;
- While transferring your data to a new data server.
- If you face Data corruption
- Or if your system drive fails.
- In the case of data loss
- During the occurrence of an error resulting from incorrect data entry.
To resolve the Window Compatibility issues, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- To begin, Right-click on the Sage 50 accounting button.
- Next, select the Properties option from the home menu.
- Choose the compatibility option from the drop-down list.
- Once you finish that, launch this software in the compatibility mode from the Compatibility mode section.
- Finally, press the OK button.
The path of the backup files are typically saved on the drive C (C:\SageBackups) on your computer where you store your data, by default. Moreover, users can also store their backups on any of their fixed drive on their server and if required, you can click on edit to enter a particular path.