Form 941 is an Employer’s Quarterly tax form that every company must file to report the federal withholdings from employees. But, at times while launching this form in Sage, users might come across Form 941 not opening in Sage 50 error. Wondering why it happened? It might occur while using an incompatible version of the accounting software.
Continue reading this entire post, to gain a proper understanding about the factors responsible for this error. Alongside, the quick troubleshooting methods to overcome Form 941 not opening issue.
Table of Contents
Reasons Why You Encounter Form 941 Not Opening Issue
Are you frustrated while getting Form 941 not opening in Sage 50 issue? If that’s so then you first have to understand the main reasons that might trigger this issue before fixing it. Go through the instructions given below attentively to know all the probable root causes of the error.
1. Sometimes, the interruption due to the third-party applications installed on your device is creating issues with tax update.
2. You might experience that the .dll file is missing.
3. There might be the possibility that you are accessing incompatible version of the Sage software.
Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve Issue of Form 941 Not Opening in Sage 50
Follow the troubleshooting methods given below to fix Form 941 not opening in Sage 50 error.
Resolution Method 1: Verify the Compatibility of Sage 50 with Windows 8.0 or 8.1
As mentioned above, using the older version of Sage 50 might end up with Form 941 not opening in Sage 50 error. To fix the issue, check the compatibility of Sage 50 with your device by applying the steps given below.
1. Begin the process by opening the Sage application on your device.
2. After this, move to the Properties tab and then hit the Compatibility option.
3. Subsequently, select the Apply option and then look for the compatibility by launching the form 941.
Resolution Method 2: Turn-On the Automatic Update Option
Go through the instructions given below to enable the automatic update option.
1. Firstly, turn off the Sage application if it’s already open.
2. After this, you are supposed to download the payroll update from the official website.
3. Then, run the largest updates and it will begin installing the updates on your device.
4. Now, launch the company file and select the preferred Payroll Tax forms.
5. You will see that the Form Update Window will be displayed on the screen.
6. Afterwards, tap on the Automatic Updates option.
7. Finally, try to open the Form 941 in Sage and find whether the issue is resolved.
Resolution Method 3: Check Whether Sage icon is running in Compatibility Mode
To run Sage in the compatibility mode, you must perform as the instructions given below.
1. Move to the Desktop, right-click on the Sage 50 software and opt for the Properties option.
2. Afterwards, head towards the Compatibility tab and ensure you have unmarked the “Run this program in compatibility mode” checkbox.
3. Subsequently, choose the Apply option followed by OK option.
4. Thereafter, launch the Sage 50 application on your device and then whether you are able to access the Form 941 in Sage or not.
Resolution Method 4: Verify Whether Any Other Tax Form Is Open
At times, users failed to run the Form 941 in Sage 50 when another form is already open. So, to resolve the issue, it is necessary to check whether any other form is opened, close if it’s already opened.
1. In the initial stage, you have to shut down if any other tax form is open on your device.
2. After this, minimize the window of Sage 50 and search if any messages are hidden.
3. If you notice that no messages are visible, go to the Taskbar for a second Sage icon. Further, tap on Sage icon to open it on your device.
4. Now, try opening the Form 941 and look whether you are able to open in Sage.
Resolution Method 5: Try Installing Tax Forms via Aatrix’s Website
Go through the procedure given below to install Tax forms via Aatrix’s website.
1. Open the Internet Explorer on your device and reach the www.aatrix.com/sage50accounting website.
2. Afterwards, tap on Download Update option and hit the Run button if asked to install the update.
3. Now, all you need to do is to open the Sage application once again, right-click on the Sage 50 Desktop icon. Further, opt for the highlighted Run this program as Administrator option.
4. Next, you must open the company file again and also re-open Payroll Tax Forms.
5. Finally, check that the Tax Forms are opening properly on your device.
So, here we sum-up this entire post and hope that you can now easily tackle with Form 941 not opening in Sage 50 error. If you are still experiencing any issue, you are free to consult with our professionals through live chat. The experts will provide you with some useful tips so that you can eliminate the error from its root completely.