Most often, the users might encounter Sage 100 unable to process the lockfile error while attempting to print after installing Windows Update. Whenever the error pops up, the users might be displayed with any one of these error messages stating:
• “Unable to Process the LockFile”
• “Printer Not Activated. Error Code 30”
Continue reading this post to get quick solutions to overcome this error and the factors triggering the issue.
Table of Contents
Reasons Why You End Up With Sage 100 Unable to Process the Lockfile Error
Understanding the root cause that might lead to Sage 100 Unable to Process the Lockfile error is important. Recognizing the causes will make it simpler for you to fix them. So, to help you with this, below we have mentioned some of the prominent causes that may trigger this error, which are as follows;
1. Sometimes, it may occur due to issues with the installation of Sage 100 software.
2. You are not using the proper administrator credentials is also one of the reasons.
3. Also, it might occur when there is some issues with the settings of Windows Registry files.
Best Methods to Resolve Sage 100 Unable to Process the LockFile Issue
Now, let’s look at the tried and tested solutions that will help you fix Sage 100 Unable to process the lockfile issue.
First Solution: Reinstall the Sage 100 PDF Converter via Paperless Office Advanced Options
Go through the stepwise instructions given below to install the Sage 100 PDF Converter again.
1. Right-click on the Sage 100 Shortcut in the initial stage and opt for the “Run as Administrator” option.
2. You must now sign in to Sage 100 using the correct login credentials.
3. Navigate to the File menu and then Run from the Sage 100 Toolbar.
4. Next, insert “PL_AdvancedOptions_Ui” and hit the OK button.
5. After that, tap on the OK button to choose the default date.
6. Following this, select the highlighted “Install Converter” option.
7. At last, exit from the Paperless Office Advanced Options and then attempt to print the Paperless once again.
Second Solution: Use the Administrative Credentials to Run Sage 100
Sometimes, users might end up with Sage 100 unable to process the lockfile error due to a lack of admin rights. So, you must check that you are accessing the proper administrative credentials to sign into Sage 100. Follow the steps given below to accomplish the task.
1. Firstly, right-click on the Sage 100 Shortcut icon on your desktop.
2. Afterwards, opt for the Properties option from the extended menu list.
3. Move to the Compatability tab and ensure that you have marked the “Run this program as an Administrator” checkbox.
4. Note: If multiple users are using the system, then opt for the Change Setting for all Users. Later on, mark the “Run this program as an administrator” checkbox.
5. In the end, hit the OK button to save the necessary changes made in Sage 100 software.
Third Solution: Make Necessary Changes To the Settings of Windows Registry files
Sometimes, issues with the Windows Registry files might evoke Sage 100 Unable to Process the Lockfile error.
1. To begin with, tap on the Start menu and write “Run” within the search area.
2. Consequently, it will open the Run window on your screen. Herein, you must insert “Regedit” within the search column.
3. Now, in the window of Regedit, look for the “HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software”.
4. Following this, right-click on the Software key and opt for the Permissions option.
5. Next, ensure that the Full Control for Users checkbox is marked and hit the Apply option.
Fourth Solution: Set Your Printer as Default
At times, setting your printer as the default one might helps in resolving the issue. So, for that apply the steps instructed below to do the same.
1. To begin with, open the Run window by hitting the Windows + R keys together.
2. Afterwards, include “Control” within the search field and tap on OK button.
3. Go to the Device and Printers option and then move to the next step.
4. now, look for your printer name, right-click on it and opt for the Set as a Default Printer option.
5. in the end, verify whether the issue is resolved.
Wrapping It Up!!
We hope this post will help you acquire immense information regarding how to fix Sage 100 unable to process the lockfile. If you are still having trouble while fixing the error, you can contact our professionals through Sage live chat and get your issue resolved.