Sage 50 error 1628 can take place when installing the application due to damaged Windows system files. There are several factors that can cause damage to the system file required for the smooth installation of the Sage 50 application. Partial or damaged installation of some programs on your system can also lead to this error in the Sage 50 application. When the error occurs, you can’t escape it. You will have to find the possible reasons behind the error and eliminate them to vanish the Sage 50 error code 1628. If you are not sure how to get it done, this post will guide your way through the error resolution.
Table of Contents
About Sage 50 Install Error 1628
When a user tries to install the Sage 50 application, sometimes, it throws an error message on your screen explaining the failure of the update process. The message says – Sage 50 error 1628 – Failed to complete installation. The corrupt download of the program is one of the most apparent reasons behind the error. Windows system files are crucial for the installation of the Sage 50 application. When damaged, they can also promote the update failure issue in Sage 50 software. You need to list the possible reasons for the Sage 50 error 1628 and suppress them so that they don’t interfere with the installation process.
Possible Reasons Behind Sage 50 Installation Error 1628
Below are some of the main reasons that can be credited to producing the Sage 50 error message on your screen:
- A corrupt download of the program can give rise to error code 1628.
- A detrimental virus or malware attack can also corrupt the installation process.
- Sometimes, the missing company file due to the interference of your Antivirus or Firewall settings can also bring forth Sage 50 error 1628.
- Also, the processes running in the background during the installation of the program are also one of the main reasons behind the error.
Symptoms Of Error 1628 in Sage 50
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the error, below are some main signs that can help you identify the installation error code 1628.
- An error message with the code 1628 will show up on your screen.
- The installation of the Sage 50 application will be hindered by the error message.
- Invalid installation of the program can also damage or corrupt the Windows registry.
- You may not be able to proceed further with an ongoing task.
How To Troubleshoot Error Code 1628 in Sage 50?
After having adequate knowledge of the error, we can now move ahead and implement the troubleshooting solutions:
Solution 1: Reinstall the .NET Framework To Fix The Install Error
A damaged .NET framework is one of the apparent reasons that can give birth to the Sage 50 error 1628. Here, you can reinstall the .NET framework for a smooth installation of the program. Check the below-given steps:
- Insert Sage 50 HR CD to start the procedure.
- Now browse the Microsoft.NET Framework to proceed further.
- Thereafter, you need to double-click on dotnetfx20.exe.
- Now follow the instructions given on your screen carefully to install it on your device.
Try reinstalling again and check if the error is resolved. If not, try the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 2: Repair Damaged Windows Registry Entries
Follow the below-explained steps to perform the required repairing:
- First things first, repair all Windows Registry Entries related to Sage 50 Error code 1628.
- Thereafter, run a system scan to eradicate any harmful virus or malware from your system.
- Now, navigate to the “temp directory” and delete all Junk and Temporary files.
- Reverse the changes if you have them already in your system.
- Moving ahead, uninstall Sage 50 software and re-install it.
- Next, you need to run Windows System File Checker (“sfc/scannow”).
- Here, you may look for the system updates.
Solution 3: Run Microsoft Easy Fix Utility To Resolve the Install Error
If none of the above-explained solutions has helped troubleshoot the Sage 50 error 1628, run the Microsoft Easy Fix utility for the error resolution. Below is how you can do it:
Steps For Windows 7 Users
If you are a Windows 7 user, perform the following steps:
- First of all, hit the Windows Start button.
- Thereafter, go to the Control Panel >> Troubleshooting.
- Here, you need to perform the on-screen prompts to perform the troubleshooting process.
Steps For Windows 8 and 8.1 Users
If you want to do the troubleshooting on Windows 8 and 8.1, below are your steps:
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- After that, select Settings and then Troubleshooting.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
Steps For Windows 10 Users
If you are having trouble installing Sage 50 on Windows 10, perform the below-explained steps:
- On your computer, click the Windows Start button.
- Next, select the Settings option.
- After that, you need to click on Update & Security, followed by Troubleshoot option.
- Here, you need to choose the type of troubleshooting.
- In the end, select Run the troubleshooter and wait for the fixation process to finish.
Following the solutions discussed in this post, you can fix Sage 50 Error 1628 and complete the installation process. However, if the error continues, speaking to a trained professional can save you from troubleshooting hassles.