Sage is one of the most progressive accounting software specifically designed for small and mid-sized businesses. This business management software works on the Microsoft Windows Operating System. It also helps you to run your business more efficiently. However, not every software is free from bugs or errors, and Sage 50 is no exception. When it comes to installing this software, users might come across Sage 50 Error Code 1920. Due to this error, the program starts crashing suddenly, and the system may also freeze every now and then, etc. The users may also get the same error message while trying to run the same Sage program multiple times on their system. The Sage users notice three different types of messages related to the error such as:
Error 1920: “Service Sage Auto Update Manager Service failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.”
Error 1920: “Service Sage 50 Accounts Data Service failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.”
Error 1920: “Service Sage 50 Control Service Failed to Start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.”
Table of Contents
What Might Lead to Sage 50 Error 1920?
A corrupted operating system or the simultaneous use of multiple applications are the most apparent reasons for the Sage 50 Error Code 1920. Due to it, the users may experience system crashes and freezes. There can be some additional factors for the same; let’s have a look:
- When the program Window starts crashing all the time, it may trigger Sage Error 1920.
- The Operating system is damaged or corrupted.
- In case you are accessing multiple Sage applications on the same system, it is most likely to end up with Sage 50 Error 1920.
- The system starts freezing frequently.
- Due to malware or virus attacks, this issue may occur.
- Another reason can be if you are trying to run the same program.
How to Diagnose and Fix Sage 50 Error 1920?
There are several ways to resolve Sage 50 Error 1920, depending on the type of the error message you’re getting. You can select and follow any one of them. Here’s how:
Method 1: When a user Receives an Error Message, “Service Sage Auto Update Manager Service Failed to start.”
- Firstly, ensure that you’re logged in as an Administrator on your system.
- Next, restart your computer.
- You need to hold down Windows + R keys and type % type % to delete all your temporary files.
- After this, press OK and click Ctrl + A keys simultaneously.
- You have to tap on the Delete button and then hit Yes.
- Once done, you have to temporarily disable the antivirus software that is installed on your system.
- Furthermore, hold and press Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys and then navigate to Task Manager.
- You must tap on the Processes button.
- Locate and choose the file named Sage.Central.AutoUpdateManager.Service.exe.
- Now, select End process/End task under the task manager window.
- At last, try to install the software once again from the installation file.
Method 2: When a user Receives an Error Message, “Service Sage 50 Accounts Data Service failed to start.”
1. To start off, hold and press the Windows + R keys together on your keyboard.
2. Now, the Run command window will open automatically.
3. Look for the following location on your C:\ drive.
4. For Sage Accounts v23:
• 32 Bit OS: C:\Program Files\Sage 50\AccountsServiceV23
• 64 Bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage 50\AccountsServiceV23
5. For Sage Accounts v22:
• 32 Bit OS: C:\Program Files\Sage 50\AccountsServiceV22
• 64 Bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage 50\AccountsServiceV22
6. At this point, you must hit right-click on the files specified below and hit the delete tab. Make sure that the mentioned files are deleted from there.
7. For Sage Accounts v23: sqlite3, sqlite3-Shm and sqlite3-wal.
8. For Sage Accounts v22: sqlite3, sqlite3-Shm and sqlite3-wal.
9. Finally, close the window and retry to install the Sage software.
Method 3: When a user Receives an Error Message, “Service Sage 50 Control Service Failed to Start.”
- In the beginning, make sure that the software application you have installed must be compatible with your system requirements.
- Now, check whether your system Windows is up-to-date or not.
- Ensure that you are logged in to the system as an Administrator only.
- To end the process, start the fresh installation of Sage 50 software.
Also Read: Download Sage 50 on Mac
Hopefully, the write-up presented here will help you to deal with Sage 50 Error Code 1920. However, if still you’re confronting the same issue over and over again and need some professional assistance, then feel free to ping our Sage 50 experts. They know how to tackle such kinds of technical glitches in one go which prevent you from installing this accounting software.