Want to install Sage 50 from your computer? Well, this task can be easily accomplished from the control panel under the “Add or Remove program”. However in order to completely uninstall Sage 50 from your computer, you need to delete all the files, data sources, and any folder related to Sage 50 from your computer. Here we will discuss how can easily uninstall Sage 50 along with other related files which still remain even after removing the application from your system. Read the article to get full details regarding Sage 50 uninstallation.
Table of Contents
Common Problems During Removing Sage 50 from Your Computer
Although you can uninstall Sage 50 from your computer, sometime there might be some issues faced by the users and they were unable to uninstall it. The following problems can occur when you remove Sage 50 from your System:
- Sage 50 is uninstalled but some Sage 50-related files are still present in your system.
- You cannot uninstall Sage 50 because it is being used by another application.
- Users do not have sufficient permission to remove any application or program from the control panel.
How to Completely Uninstall Sage 50
Any application/program from the computer with windows as their operating system can be easily uninstalled/removed from the control panel for which the steps are listed below:
- Open the run prompt window by pressing “Window+R” and type control panel.
- The control panel will open on your computer. Select “Program and Features” and choose “Add or Remove Program”.
- Select Sage 50 from the list of programs, right-click, and select “Uninstall”.
Deleting ODBC and DSN Data Sources
ODBC stands for Open Database Connectivity which can be defined as a programming interface through which other application access data from various Database Management Systems. You need to remove all the ODBC and Data Source files related to Sage 50. To do that follow the given steps:
- First, you have to run as an Administrator.
- After that, you need to open the run prompt by pressing “Windows+r” and type ODBCAD32.
- For 64-bit windows you need to follow the given path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64\ODBCAD32.EXE
- A window named ODBC Data Source Administrator will open.
- You need to select all the entries related to Sage 50 under the User DSN and System DSN tabs and click on “Remove”.
Deleted all the Files and Folder Related to the Sage 50 Application
Once you have uninstalled Sage 50 from the control panel, you have to delete all the files and folders in your window which are shared by the accounting application. Various folder which needs to be deleted along with their given path are listed below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sage SBD
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sage Line50
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sage Report Designer 2007
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sage Shared
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage EBanking
Deleted Other Sage 50 Shared Files
Various other files are located on your desktop that won’t get deleted even if you have uninstalled Sage 50. Press “Windows +R” and type the path of the following folders given below. Browse to these paths mentioned and delete any folder named or have the word “Sage” in their name.
Other ODBC and SDO files also needed to be deleted manually from the system. Depending on the version of Sage 50 you are using you need to delete the following files:
|Sage 50 Cloud Account Version||Files to be deleted|
|All versions||All files which have “sdoENG” in them.|
The default file location for the above mentioned are given below for both 32-bit and 64 bit system
|32-Bit System||C:\Program files\Sage\Accounts\ODBC\202x
|64-bit System||C:\Program files (x86)\Sage\Accounts\ODBC\202x
C:\Program files (x86)\Sage\Accounts\SDO\202x
Delete Sage 50 Shared files from System Folder
Follow the given steps in order to delete the files from the System-32 folder
- Browse to the given locations:
C:\Windows\System32 (For 32-bit)
C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (For 64-bit)
- Press the “Alt” key and click view and then click details.
- Right-click and select More. Mark the check box “Company” and then click OK.
- After that, you need to find and delete the following files
Remove .Net from your System
After uninstalling Sage 50 from your system, you need to remove all the versions of the Microsoft.Net framework for which you need to follow the given steps:
- Open the control panel in your system.
- Under Program and Features find the version of the .Net framework you want to remove and click Uninstall.
- You need to repeat the above-given steps in order to remove every version of .Net from the control panel.
- After that, reinstall each version of .Net.
Make a Backup of Your Sage 50 Data
It is advised that you make a backup of all your Sage 50 files and folder in an external drive in case of any emergency.
We hope, we have provided you information regarding various file and folder which needs to be removed after you have uninstalled Sage 50 from your computer. In case you still have any issue or you want to reinstall Sage 50 again on your computer, you can contact our technical expert who are available to assist 24/7.