Sage Corporation Tax Error 9288 is a validation error that is associated with the AIA (Annual Investment Allowance Limit) that usually evokes while validating the tax return. In other instances, the users might come across this error while using an incompatible version of Sage 50. On the occurrence of the error, you will be presented with the following error message indicating:
“The sum of box 690 and 735 must not exceed apportioned AIA limit”
If you are also experiencing Corporation Tax Error Code 9288, you have arrived at the right spot. In this detailed guide, we have listed all the quick resolution methods to overcome the error instantly.
Table of Contents
Causes That Lead To Sage 50 Corporation Tax Error Code 9288
Before moving further to the troubleshooting part, one must know the actual causes that might lead to Sage 50 Error 9288. Let’s look at the pointers below to get a clear vision regarding the factors responsible for this error.
- Improper installation of the Sage 50 software is one of the reasons that trigger this error.
- You are accessing an unsupported version of the Sage 50 application.
- Not using the latest version of the Windows operating system.
- Sometimes, it may evoke when the users are trying to claim for AIA more than £200,000.
Also Read: Upgrade Sage 50 Old to 2023 Version
Fix Sage 50 Corporation Tax Error 9288 Using These Effective Methods
If you are looking for the appropriate methods to deal with Sage 50 Error 9288, you must thoroughly explore this blog section.
Resolution 1: Relaunching The SQL Service
There might be instances when the Windows Update might create a problem in running the SQL service to start automatically when the system restarts. For that, you must sign in to the server to perform this activity and ensure that no one else is operating the Sage Corporation tax.
For the Windows 10 and Server Variants
- Initially, tap on the Start menu, insert Services within the search area and hit Enter.
- From the list of Services, choose the Desktop application.
- Following this, opt for the SQL Server (Instance Name) from the lists of services and then proceed further.
- Now, right-click on the required instance and tap on Start or Restart option.
For the Windows 7, 8, and Server Variants
- Primarily, tap on the Start menu, and write “Run” in the search area to bring up the Run window.
- In the following window, insert “services.msc” and select the OK option.
- You must opt for the SQL Server (Instance Name) from the list of Services.
- Now, you have to right-click on the required instance.
- Finally, tap on the Restart or Start option to accomplish the process.
Also Read: Sage 300 Chat Support
Resolution 2: Look For the Outstanding Windows Updates
Sometimes, the unfinished installation of the Windows update or awaiting a reboot might interrupt the program from using your database. Therefore, you must look if there are any outstanding Windows updates by applying the instructions enumerated below to fix the issue.
- In the beginning, launch the Run window by pressing the Windows + R keys together.
- After this, input “Control Update” within the search field and hit the enter key.
- Doing so, will initiate the Windows Update process. You have to wait patiently until the update process is going on.
- Finally, verify whether you are still experiencing the same issue while filing corporation tax in Sage 50.
Resolution 3: Uninstall the Previous Sage 50 and Get the New One Installed
Accessing the older version of Sage 50 might lead to several issues and one of them is Sage 50 corporation tax error 9288. Therefore, to fix the issue, uninstall the older version and get the new one on your device by implementing the instructions below.
- To begin with, open the Control Panel by typing Control panel within the search area of the Start menu.
- Move to the Programs and Features option, followed by Apps and Features.
- From there, you must pick the Sage version that you are presently using from the search results.
- Once you locate the Sage file, right-click on it and opt for the Uninstall option.
- Doing so will completely remove the Sage 50 application from your device.
- You must get the newly launched version of the Sage 50 software from its official website.
- Afterwards, double-tap on the installer file to initiate the installation process.
- From the User-Account Control window, tap Yes to run the program on your device.
- As a result, it will start displaying Sage 50 Install Shield Wizard, on which hit the Next option.
- Following this, opt for the Sage 50 Install option and pick the preferred language.
- Now, hit the Yes option if you receive a pop-up window asking you to proceed with the installation procedure.
- If Windows Firewall is turned on then you might receive a pop-up box; click on Yes option.
- Choose the appropriate installation type from the options available and click Next to proceed further.
- For instance, if the previous version of Sage 50 is still available on your device, the serial number will automatically be extracted.
- Give consent to the Terms and Conditions listed in the License Agreement.
- In the end, you will receive a confirmation message for the successful installation of Sage 50. Herein, you must hit the Finish option to conclude the installation procedure.
Also Read: Sage Errors List
Summing It Up!!
We will give you the surety that now you can easily configure Sage 50 corporation Tax error 9288 without making much effort. If you still get this error while filing the tax, you can contact our highly-skilled experts for a quick resolution.