Sage is one of the best accounting applications for small and medium-scale business enterprises. Individuals who have Sage as their accounting assistant can enjoy various features through which they can complete the accounting process within no time. However, sometimes, people face many issues while installing the Sage Accounting software in their system. One of the most common issue user faces is Sage Error, in which a message appears on the screen “Source File Not Found,” for which they need immediate assistance. Here we will discuss how to resolve Sage Install Error 1308 along with other details like possible causes and different measures through which you can overcome these issues. Read the article further to know how to fix Sage Error 1308.
Table of Contents
Possible Causes for Sage Install Error 1308
There can be plenty of reasons or causes which can interrupt the Sage installation in your system few of which are listed below:
- You might have a poor internet connection, due to which you are unable to download and install Sage Accounting software in your system properly.
- You do not have an administrator-level privilege, due to which you do not have permission to install the Sage application.
- You already have installed another version of the Sage app in your system, due to which there is now an issue with Sage installation,
- As the message says in Error 1308, the source file is not available or unable to be found.
Few things to make Sure of before Resolving Sage Install Error 1308
Before you encounter Sage Error 1308, make sure that you have completed the given requirements:
- Make sure that you are running the system as an administrator in order to download and install any new software in your system.
- Check that your system specification completes all the minimum requirements in order to install Sage 50.
- Make sure that you don’t have any pending updates remaining in your system to avoid any interruption while installing the system.
- Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall in your system which can block third-party installation.
- Also, while downloading Sage 50 accounting software, make sure that you have downloaded the latest version.
How to Fix Sage Error 1308
You can take the following to fix Sage Error Code 1308
Download and Reinstall the Sage 50 Again in Your System
The primary way to resolve Sage Error 1308 is to delete the earlier downloaded file of the Sage application and download it again. Ensure you have deleted all the files and folders related to the Sage accounting application.
Reinstall Sage 50 Software Again in Your System
In case you have deleted the Sage files from your system and want to reinstall it, then follow the given steps:
- Go to the official website of Sage products. Sign in with the required credentials.
- Select the Sage Product which you need to download and click on it. The download will automatically start.
- Now go to the download folder and select the downloaded Sage, and double-click on it. Make sure you have taken the given precautions mentioned above before you try to install the Sage accounting application.
- Choose yes for any modification by Sage file in order to install it.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the license and Agreement and click Next and Install.
- Once Sage is installed, restart your system.
Repair Sage 50 Software in Your System
The common cause for Sage 50 installation error 1308 is the corrupted or missing source files. In case of corrupted files, you can repair them through the control process or directly from the installation files. Both of these processes are listed below:
Repair the Sage Software from the Control Panel.
- Open the control panel and select the program option.
- From the list of programs, select Sage 50.
- Right-click on the software and select Change. After that, select Repair.
- Click on Next to complete the repair process.
Repair Sage 50 Software from the Installation Files.
To repair Sage software, you first need to locate the Sage installation files in your system. Once you have done that, follow the given steps:
- Locate Sage installation, and in it, search for the “Autorun.exe” file.
- Right-click on the autorun.exe file and click on “Run as Administrator.”
- Once you click on that option, the start-up window will appear on the screen where you need to click on Modify.
- Select Sage 50 and click on “Next,” after which select the “Repair” option.
- Select “Next” again to complete the procedure.
Remove other Sage Products from your System
Before you install Sage 50 in your system, you need to make sure that you do not have any other product Sage installed in your system. Before you remove any other Sage products, make sure to make a backup of all the files related to that Sage application. To remove other Sage Products from your system, follow the given steps:
- Launch Control Panel and select the Program and Features option. Now all the programs will appear on the screen running currently in your system.
- Search for any Sage Product which might be installed in your system. Right-click on it and click “Uninstall.”
Delete other Sage Files and Folders.
- Open the file and folder and go to the given path:
- C:\Program Files now (*86)
- Search for Sage and Winsim folders and delete them.
We hope from the information provided above, you can easily resolve Sage Install Error 1308 and easily run the accounting application on your computer. Make sure you take all the precautions, like system specification and other things, before you install Sage 50. Still, if you need any further assistance or facing any problems while installing Sage 50 on your computer, you can contact us from the given number below or through the live chat options. Our Sage customer support service is available 24/7 to help with Sage software and provide the solution as soon as possible.